Photography Session with the Ultimate Foodie Photographer, Mark Floro



November 18, 2012


I was astonished knowing that one of my photography sessions would be a mind-blowing, not-my-ordinary day experience. For a growing shutter bug like me, I know that this would likely be a big day for me where I could get a bunch of new 'ohh-this-is-cool' information.

On one of my photography classes, I once had Mark Floro as my teacher. You might be asking:  And who on earth is Mark Floro? (With your sarcastic tone)

Here is a brief introduction on Mark Floro:

Mark Floro once took a political science course but he chose not to pursue becoming a lawyer. Since childhood, he felt that photography is really his first love. He saw the world as photographs and subjects. He realized that he got these kind of eyes where he could see that everything would be so beautiful once he got them trapped on his lens. So because of his strong shutterlust, he left the subject where he could be a graduate from and chose walking his photography ambitions.

So he quit political science then enrolled on and studied photography at the Art Center in Pasadena California. He said that his first years (circa 1974) had never been so easy. He also had his ups and downs. He started on black and white photography where he caught himself worrying about what he is really doing. Until such time, his courage, passion and love towards this kind of art grew and made him what he is now.  But still, he humbly admits that up to this point of time, he is still that old Art Center student who always keeps himself busy by discovering and creating new innovation on his unique photography.

Now, he is one of the official photographer for some major food chains—Chowking, Tokyo-Tokyo and Pizza Hut to name a few. He had been a fashion photographer too, were some commercial celebrities became one of his subjects.  

Indeed, Mark Floro is one of the best food photographers nowadays. His photographs are unique that food chain clients would always agree that he is bringing out the best on their menus.



1 comment:

  1. Nice! Just had my new blogpost as well.

    http://maccentenoimages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete