"Not in the Philippines?"


With Andrew today

Eastwood City, Libis, Quezon City, Philippines


Ordinary photos as might these look like, but these have become a subject of our discussion with my good friend, Andrew.

He started by saying, "Dude, post it on my Facebook wall and let's see how everybody will react to this."

"Yeah, one might think that this was taken in Singapore or Malaysia." I answered back.

Did I say it right? I just realized one thing. It always happens that we disassociate the Philippines from these tall-modern infrastructures and commonly we think of some other countries that are far better than ours. Sometimes if we see photos on the internet of a sunny, clean, and a modern Asian city, we would think of Malaysia or Singapore before realizing that the photos were just taken along Ayala Avenue or Eastwood City in Libis.

I couldn't blame myself or some other people for feeling and thinking this way. It happens everytime when  we hear the word Manila or the Philippines, we initially and unconsciously think of the negative side before we think of the good part.

It is my dream that soon--in a few years to come, all the cities here in my country would be more progressive and well-developed. But I always end up knocking my head! However, when it comes to cities, I still believe that ours would still not the worst.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Dude, it's been more than a year since you captured this. Haha Now we're moving to Cubao lols

    ReplyDelete