Part II: Puerto Galera, Mindoro: A Journey Back Into Finding True Love


I woke up the next day with some sun rays spotting on my head…literally. It was already 8 in the morning and the sun is already taking a peek on my silent room, waking me up. It always feels good everytime I opened my eyes to a new morning like this specially I am on a different place.

didn't have much of Galera’s beauty yesterday so I assume and believe that this will be another day of fun and a crazy moment to spend with myself and maybe with some other people I would might meet just along the way today.

The sun's already up as if the heat outside burns like high noon. I have some bread on the table and I guess that would somehow suffice my morning hunger. I also have a tetra-packed choco drink on the side that I bought yesterday. Not pretty much satisfying breakfast, but I guess this would give me just enough fuel up until lunch.

It was 9 AM when I left my blue house. Towel, camera, keys, sunblock, water tumbler? Checked! I could just go along with these essential items today. So where to go first (and I guess the only place to go here)? 


To the beach...







I appreciated Puerto Galera’s beauty better today. I don’t know if it’s because of the sun illuminating the blue calm waves, the beige-to-white sand, and the gigantic Ala Rio de Janeiro mountains surrounding the this beautiful spot. The beach is a lot busier today than yesterday. Everyone was like chasing summer and has just found the right place to feel it.


At the beach


After walking from end to end, I ended up going to the place I was stuck to see the beauty of the sea. Yeah, same of place where I laid my head down to the sand. I didn’t think of going immediately to the water but I decided to just soak myself to the sun enjoying the summer heat.


Not Just a Beach Bum


I started to observe people again. By doing this, I started to realize a bunch of things that I never realized before.

Here are my ideas:


If you decided to do things on your own, don’t bore yourself but keep moving. Boredom is I think optional. In my case here in Galera, I felt that I was stuck on this just one corner here that could barely move. Boredom has bitten me in anyway but keeping your feet moving from one place to another is always a whole new adventure. Forget your itinerary sometimes; go out from your comfort zone.




Being solo is just a state of mind. You always have a choice to interact with people around you. I met this girl named Crissa while buying an ice cream at the shore. I also get the chance to meet her barkada too. Though we spent only two hours soaking in the beach since they need to leave by noon, this short experience was still worth remembering.





I also enjoyed a short chat with these young ladies here:




Happiness is as simple as playing with a pet dog. While sitting here at the beach front, I saw this kid playing with his “best friend”. Being happy is not status-based. Being solo, with a partner or as simple as the picture below, you have always a choice to be happy.





Finally, Life’s a beach. If you appreciate the beach, thus, you appreciate life. The beach for me is a metaphor of simple living, happiness and freedom.





The Search is Over


I had more of this realization as I went back to bed that night. I almost have forgotten one thing. I did not go here beach bumming anyway but I came here to actually get lost and find myself again. I guess the “finding” process is not easy and overwhelming; but would be the fun part.

Going back to the way-back-into-love issue, I realized that we don’t actually go to a place to forget about our heartaches but simply because we just wanted to create new memories and write new stories to cover them up. This way, we are like numbing down the pain inside. Many times, we search for true love but I guess doing it so just aggravate our frustrations.

On my two nights and almost three days of stay here, I could say that there’s nothing much special happened to me. The search is over and I accepted that. I don’t believe in destiny. It’s just that true love only falls perfectly on the right time. If you search for it like I did (here), you’ll definitely end up sour graping.

When I left Puerto Galera the next day, I promised that I won’t force myself again. This trip was more of emotional downpour (which I am not used to). I regret for setting up a mission—of finding true love here—which I found it crazy after all. True love has no expiration date anyway. I'm just maybe so frustrated looking for it now but I am still not losing my hope to find it soon somewhere down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment