Road Trip. More Fun in Panglao!



Just 18 kilometers away from Tagbilaran City is a breath-taking paradise. There is this island called Panglao which is one of the most spectacular place to see here in Bohol. Aside from it's white fine sandy beaches, I never thought that this island has much more to offer!

One of the best way to explore and enjoy everything here is by roaming the entire island by car, bike, or  motorcycle.




Fortunately, that morning, after having breakfast, I got the chance to rent a motorcycle for just P 400 (which I think it's cheap for 24-hour use). I started my journey from Tawala and all set to go around this leaf-shaped island.

I got a map with me which made me confident to navigate farther. Of course, I did not to forget to bring my camera, some sachet of sunblock and money to be spent for food and gas.

Now, imagine yourself sitting at the back of my motorcycle to share all this fun with me. Imagine me switching on the engine and striking the first sparking and grinding motorcycle noise. Now, put on your helmet into your head, fasten it a little tight and here we go!




Panglao Island Highlights



The Beaches

If you are really a hardcore beach bum then this place would have been what you are longing for. With Bohol's tropical climate, you would always end up a day here with a beautiful, sun-kissed, tanned skin.
Some beaches like the Momo, Alona and Bolod Beach are worth-visiting!




Heritage Places

Since the country was colonized by Spain as early as 1521, one amazing way to travel back into time is to see the centro of the two big towns here: Panglao and Dauis. You can see the old churches (Panglao Church and Dauis Church) here which are heavily influenced by early Neo-Classic and  Neo-Gothic architecture.


At the Panglao Centro
Architecture around Dauis Centro




The Hinagdanan Cave

If you want something more extraordinary, Hinagdanan Cave is worth visiting. Within easy reach from a 1-meter wide hole entrance going underground, this cave showcases various shapes of stalactites and stalagmites. You'll also be amazed by this lagoon inside the cave which has been known as a popular swimming spot which now, it's no longer encouraged since most of the underground pollutants settled there.

Hinagdanan Cave was accidentally discovered when the owner of the area was clearing the decaying branches of the land when he found the hole. The owner throw a stone into the hole, then he heard a splash. Then he build a ladder to get into the cave. They named it Hinagdanan, means "laddered" used to get into the cave's interior. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinagdanan_Cave)







Bohol Bee Farm in Dauis, Panglao

I did not get the chance to see any bee at all but I think I still had the best out of this place. I never booked for a night stay either, but going here for a day trip is really worthy. 

More than just bed and breakfast, this place could always be a great way to escape from the city's bustling, busy atmosphere. It's really calm and peaceful here. There is also a restaurant near the beach which I think the easiest access to enjoy the spectacular view of the sea. 

Since the farm practices organic farming too, this gives you an assurance that most of the food being served here are all naturally-grown, organic and of course, healthier. 

Here are some highlights:





At the restaurant's view deck facing the sea
View at the restaurant


Playing with my camera around the pool side
The organic farm
The Crafts and Livelihood Shop
__________

I might agree if you say that a day would not be enough to enjoy this tropical paradise. Maybe because there could always be some small details of the island that I have not seen yet. I would most likely end up tired driving a motorcycle to see the entire place though; but for me, seeing most of the island's captivating beauty would be one of the countless experience worth-remembering and that is priceless.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael! Great post, super helpful. Do you recommend renting a motorbike for the countryside tour? I'm going solo to Bohol in July and is already doing my itinerary. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joicey,

      You know what, when I rented that motorcycle, I was actually allowed to go out of Panglao. I just didn't try going out of the island because I already had some traumatic road accidents before and don't want that to happen again. Haha!

      But yeah, if you're just going here solo, I strongly suggest renting a motorcycle. It's a lot cheaper since you can use it for 24 hours and you can manage your time even better. But you need to be extra careful, of course.

      Enjoy your trip in July. This place is really awesome, I promise. =)

      Delete