Carlos P. Garcia Ancestral House: The Lost Malacañang in Bohol



I am about on my way to Panglao Island today when the tricycle driver chose to land me here. Just a meter away from where I was currently standing at is the terminal of the jeepneys going to Panglao daily. I am not rushing anyway so I think I may spend quite a short time to roam around this area. I thought of eating first before leaving for Panglao but as I go ahead, I might be forgetting some significant find just few meters away behind me.

I didn't realize I was just in front of this house. Curious enough, I opened the gate and went inside. It's the Carlos P. Garcia Ancestral House, one of the declared heritage houses here in the Philippines.

But before anything else, who is Carlos P. Garcia anyway? Everyone know's him superficially as the 8th president of the Philippines. Yes, and that is true. But some of his highlights were embedded in this house  museum. Other than being known for his Filipino First Policy, which is about favoring Filipino businessmen than foreign investors, this Bohol's patriotic son would be better known by looking through his living biography here at the Carlos P. Garcia Ancestral House.

So come on in!











Machuca Tiles - This type of flooring is considered as one of the expensive tiles on the early 1900s.


I might not be able to absorb everything from the museum's curator, Miss Llonora since I was still fresh from some of the flight's messy bits, but I was able to realize that the late president would be more than of an achiever. He is also a great poet, a chess player and a sobresaliente. 






This beautiful  museum experience would have not been this good without the guidance of Miss Llonora and Kuya Boy. They have been so kind and very warm to me during my very short visit here.


Kuya Boy (on my left side), Miss Llonora (on my right)



No comments:

Post a Comment