Kalui Restaurant: Oriental Dining at its Best!



I always think of a good place to eat. I guess it's human nature. But sometimes we get to the point that we have budget constraints  We always look for good food but we always wish that it must not be so expensive. We want food that is satisfying but won't leave a hole to our pockets.

During my planning phase to Puerto Princesa, a good friend of mine, Ep (I mentioned her from my previous  blog and it looked like she's more of my travel advisor), talked about this beautiful restaurant located along Rizal Avenue. The name of the more-of-an-Asian themed resto is Kalui.

I wonder where it got its name. For me, this must be a name of a person--might have been the founder or something. But never mind. All I know, this place has a really good ambiance--quite, kind of sensual, romantic, and very 'Asian'--showcasing a combination of Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian and Filipino interior art. It's a good spot if you want to date someone or maybe if you really want to persuade the girl that you are courting to say "yes" to you unconsciously. But this place is not just lovers-friendly, but this is for anyone who likes to eat good but affordable food, those who are tired from touring Puerto Princesa on their Day 1, and to those people who just want to chill out and relax.

It's 6:30PM when Ara and I reached the place. We rode a trike (read: tricycle) to get there. Barefootedly (as part of the restaurant policy), we were guided to our reserved table. Upon sitting, we immediately ordered our dish for dinner. 

I was fascinated how affordable their menu is!



http://www.kaluirestaurant.com/menus


And so I tried their Day's Catch Blue Marlin:

Mixed vegetables, green caviar (locally known as ar-arosep), pickled unripe papaya (locally known as atchara), brown rice and a big roasted chunk of Blue Marlin. 

Oh man, this one is good! The food was freshly prepared and I just couldn't wait to take a bite on this roasted fish. But before anything else, I should have a good photo of this menu so I can share it to you and to everybody out there.

But it's not just the food that amused me. The very good lighting and ambiance makes my Kalui experience more fulfilling and worth remembering too: 




I apologize, my photos are limited. I ran out of batteries that time which I really felt so bad =(

But anyways, my dinner with Kalui was one of the most unforgettable experiences I ever had. It's unique and I loved it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment