Don Henrico's Restaurant: A Melting Pot of Italian Flavors



After visiting La Trinidad, we finally decided to go back to Baguio City for lunch.

It was past eleven in the morning when we felt the first shot of hunger in our tummies so we thought about finding a good place to eat. When I say, a good place to eat, I really mean it!

I started thinking about some places along Session Road or maybe some casual restaurants around Burnham Park. Getting frustrated, I was also thinking of going back to SM Baguio and maybe just do some munching at some same, old fast food stores there!

Until I started asking:

Michael: So where do you want to eat? (Hoping they were thinking the same thing I have in mind)

Mom: Maybe we could eat at Chowking in the city proper or maybe at SM.

(Oops, so I was right.)

Michael: Oh c'mon, We're in Baguio City,Ma. Think of a place that is a little different. I want to try something new!

Mom: Okay. Since you can think better than I do when it comes to food, I'll leave the decision making to you then.


So I was like think, think, think after that!

Finally I figured out what to say.


Michael: Ma, I saw this resto along Session Road this morning, it's called Don Henrico's. I have been there before, but that was so long ago. However, I could still remember how great their food is.

I wasn't really sure what she was thinking right after I said that.

Mom: Are you sure?

That's the only thing she uttered. So I answered her with a strong affirmation.

Michael: Yes. Just follow me.

We're back in Baguio City again. We have no choice but to park our car so far away from Session Road that we need to walk for about 20 minutes again. The city was so crowded that time since it's still a peak holiday season. Almost all parking areas were occupied.

I could already feel and see that they were so tired and hungry that everyone's asking, "So where is that resto?" with a deep sigh.

Until few more step up the hilly road, we reached Don Henrico's.

We immediately looked for a place where we could have free seats and table. And again, it's pretty much difficult to locate one because there were so many people eating around--families, couples, friends and tourist too!

Finally, we found one good spot. =)

So we started to make an order then. It took us a waiting time of 20 minutes, but I guess this delectable and delightful meal was worth waiting for:

Buffalo Chicken with Salad and Rice

Captain Crunch Fried Chicken with Salad and Rice

Salisbury Steak with Salad and Rice

Don Henrico's Supreme Pizza (1)

Don Henrico's Supreme Pizza (2)

Spaghetti Carbonara 


I was about to go binge eating when I first saw the food being served to our table. And so I did! 

I would say that this was really a satisfying, rewarding, and appetizing meal after a long-walk tour at La Trinidad that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment