Thanks to You

The "Like" symbol, courtesy of Facebook.com
User in the photo do not have the rights to own this registered symbol. 

They were talking about me again.

I could hear the loud noise that my friend, Joyce, was making that time.

Joyce: So he'll blog about it then? Gosh...

I felt that she knew that I was listening so I just kept quiet.

Cathy: Yeah. You know him...

Though I couldn't see these two gals talking, I could still but hear their playful hiss and silent laughs lingering in the thin office air.

Joyce: Did he bring his camera along with him when you went there?

Cathy: Yeah, and all we did was to take pictures.

Okay. Now, I guess its my time to make such interruptions.

I cleared my throat as if I was talking to somebody over the phone.

Michael: Yes, Miss Joyce, is there a problem with my blogging? 

I wish I could say this on a British accent but wasn't able to; so I just grinned sarcastically instead.

Joyce: Nope, just wondering why you always blog about food. It makes me hungry. (oh, finally she admitted!)

Michael: Yes, because that's what I always do. I love eating and always want to talk about food.

Joyce: Alright, I'll wait for your blog then. Besides, I am the only person in this whole wide world who follows your blog. And I should always make sure that upon reading it, I would click the 'Report Abuse' button after.

Then she laughed out loud profusely.

Michael: Huh. Just wait and see.

_____________________________________________


Joyce and I were friends for few years now and that is how we usually behave. We praise and compliment each other with little sarcasm but I know that this was just some of the few steps to put up spice to the friendship.

I am happy because some of my office friends already knew that I am blogging now. Some were like joking around that I must 'blog this, blog that'.

As a matter of fact, we have coined the word 'bloggable', which I know it had never existed to any English dictionary at all,  hoping that it will be added soon--maybe. Then if it will, then it's an honor for me or us who started to use the word.

I was quite surprise when people approach me, "Hey, I read your blog".

I was like: "Really, where? I mean, which post?" As a matter of fact, I don't really care which among my posts it was. But to me, if they say "I read your blog", it means a lot. Very flattering.

I started my blogging career on the second week of November when Mark Floro talked to me one-on-one in front of some other people during one of my photography classes. He said, "If you have the talent, why won't you try writing a blog instead of just being satisfied of gathering feedback about what you have posted on  your Facebook wall. It could lead you to something worth appreciating".  Very straightforward. Awakening. I have never forgotten that.

So the next day, I collated my thoughts. I planned. I thought about catchy ideas. A catchy title. About what I want. Until that very same day, What Michael Likes was born.

Funny because I was like becoming a funny kid opening up his laptop checking who have read his post. I was like a pop star starving for fame, finding out who have bought his album. Sometimes, I felt like I was the political candidate who 'called Garci' to know how many people have voted for him. Everyday was like an "oh-my-gosh" for me. Blogging never felt this good. I felt like I'm not the only person living in this planet because I know that I am now sharing my ideas and "What really Michael Likes"!

I don't really know when will this ends up. In two years time. Five years maybe. Ten years or maybe up until the internet connection will be interrupted eternally. I don't really know.

All I know is carpe diem. I appreciate what I am doing right now. I always dream of becoming a writer when I was a kid and I think I am fulfilling this small dream now.

Thank you. Yeah, it's you (while Michael is nodding). Thanks for reading my stories. Thanks for fulfilling my dream.


                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                   Sincerely,
                                                                                                                     Michael
                                                
                    



2 comments:

  1. keep it up, mike! sayang im not active in my blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom Jen!! Thanks. Yeah. I just started this blog mid November this year and I am still looking forward for more happy moments this 2013--more happy thoughts to write about!

    I saw your blog. It's so cute. Just continue writing. Don't bother where this will leads you to but just continue writing. It's a lovely feeling knowing that people appreciate what you are writing about =)

    ReplyDelete