Tous les Jours: When Korean Bakes French



Ara (my ever bubbly, smarty cousin) and I were walking our way down to Eastwood which is just few meters away from their house. Again, I always keep on promoting my one and a half month-old blog to her but still, I am receiving same feedback since the day I wrote Michael Likes Mark Floro 

Michael: Why won't you just read my blog!

Ara: Eeehh. Ayoko!! (I don't like!!)

Michael: But why?! Everybody is like going crazy about it!

Ara: What the... As if. 

And she rolled her eyes in front of me.

Michael: Give me just one page view come 'on. Read Thanks to You. That one is for you. 

And I smiled like a frustrated poor storekeeper trying to sell his firecrackers for tonight's occasion.

Ara: Eh ayoko nga. Ano yan, sapilitan ba yan? (I just don't feel reading it. Is that reinforced?).

Michael: Yeah. It's required. 

And I laughed sheepishly.

Ara: Okay, okay. I'll read it tonight. 

Michael: Talaga (Really)?  

My eyes brightened. She nodded her head for confirmation though was a little forced.

Ara: You wanted more readers, don't you?

Michael: Oooh yeah. Of course.

Ara: I can recommend something worth blogabble

Michael: I don't think so. 

I wasn't convinced.

Ara: Yeah. You'll love this one.

I didn't replied because I was still thinking.

Ara: It's a new bread store at Eastwood. Not your ordinary bread shop but it is most likely a specialty store. Very authentic. The name is Tous les Jours.

Michael: Oh. French.

Ara: Korean.

Michael: Korean? It doesn't sound one. Say that again.

Ara: Tous les Jours (too-lay-jors)

Michael: Huh (like what are you saying?)

Ara: Why won't you just follow me. 

My eyes twinkled.

Michael: Lets go. 

________________________________________________________________

Tous les Jours. Korean maybe but more of French on the other side. A new discovery for a bread lover like me.  

Here is a brief history of Tous les Jours: 


image courtesy of http://www.touslesjoursusa.com/about.asp?smnu=02


Tous Les Jours is French for "Everyday", which most aptly conveys the idea of freshly baked goods. (http://www.touslesjoursusa.com)

I won't take this any longer, so come on in!





So imagine me that I'm the one opening the door for you. =)


Michael: Your order please...







Michael: Is there anything else?









Of course, we did not leave the store empty-handed!




Munching my Tous Les Jours!


Ara bought her garlic bread too! Sorry if I have not even showed you one of her pictures. She's kinda camera shy. Don't worry, you'll know her better soon. Today, year 2012 would be ending. Expect me to  unravel more exciting and funny stories about me and Ara this 2013. 

Addendum:

While writing this post, I caught her quickly glancing at my work.

Ara: Patay tayo dyan, Dora and Boots pala tayo sa 2013.

Michael: Oo, ikaw si Boots. 

image courtesy if http://media.nowpublic.net/images

Then we ended up laughing crazily!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks Tony and Jen. I know we just have one thing in common--We all love to eat =) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. we bought this heart shape strawberry cake last dec 31....i so love their cake!! i love korean.. ^_^ anneyeong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous!! (who ever you are.. LOL) Yeah, I so love Korean! Loving K-pop also. Haha.. Ohh, yeah, their cake looks pretty delicious, I'll try it once I'll go back there again real sooooon. I want to try everything!!! haha.. Thanks for visiting my blog. anneyeong!! =)

    ReplyDelete