Yummy Dorayaki: Not Just Doraemon's Favorite

I was a Doraemon fan when I was a kid and honestly, up until now. I can still remember myself in front of the television watching him every 5 in the afternoon while munching on some cookies and soda. I find him so cute and cuddly that if there is a real Doraemon existing, I want to befriend him and maybe want him to be my best friend too.

I also thought that he might be the boy version of Hello Kitty since there's a lot of collectible items made because of him--stuffed toys, stickers, pillows and the list goes on and on. I have some of these few items too! I own some Doraemon books that are translated originally from Japanese to Filipino. My brother and I always share and collect these books. We both love Doraemon. We really do!

But I realized that being a certified Doraephilic is not all enough until I saw and tasted Doraemon's all-time favorite--the Dorayaki.

It's my first time to eat Dorayaki in Hong Kong!




I just can't resist!


I always see Nobita and Doraemon fighting over on this Japanese dessert. Doraemon wants it all, same thing with Nobita--He wants it all too. Both of them are always competing just to have and grab these Dorayakis.

Well, that unique kind of craving that always pushes Doraemon and Nobita to have these Dorayakis is the same thing that pushed me to buy some also. I want to feel that same feeling as they munch over and indulge themselves to the pleasure of these Japanese confectionery. It's all about curiosity. It's more on trying new things. 

Although Doriyaki is not really as special as a Black Forest Cake or a Creme Brulee tart, I still liked it! As a matter of fact, it's so simple to make one. This is just two pancakes that were sandwitched filled with red azuki bean paste. Knowing these main ingredients, you can now imagine how does it tastes. For me it tastes like a soft version of our hopia in Binondo. I am a hopia lover too; thus, Dorayaki is also a two-thumbs up for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment