A Museum In Cubao



You might be thinking how stupid I am to say that there is a museum in Cubao which as a matter of fact, even Google Search won’t agree. Isn’t an odd blog title? (Hmmm. I can see you nodding)
But let me explain first.

First off, to those who have not gone to the Philippines yet and to those people who wonder what’s really up in this place, Cubao is a modern district of Quezon City where you can find numerous shopping centers, fancy restaurants and high-rise condominiums. Honestly, there is no existing museum here. 

So where could this all-imaginary-museum idea came from then?

I have seen Cubao a hundred times now but there was one specific place here that once fascinated me. That place is called, Cubao Expo. 





Other people may say it’s a place for vintage collectible items. Interestingly it is, but for a curious frustrated explorer like me, Cubao Expo appears to be a museum--a place where modernization meets its roots. It’s a place of history that houses a collection of our cultural heritage. 

It’s a place that can remind you of your childhood, your childhood toys, your granny’s stuff, and even your family’s favorite pastimes. It’s simply like a time travel to the early 1900’s.
























There are some other things that amazed me while I was here too. It’s the wall painting I found at the second floor of UVLA vintage store.







Commonly shops are open in the afternoon. If you really want to go there and shop or just simply do sight-seeing, go there after lunch hours onwards. You may consider dining at Bellini’s too. It’s an old-fashioned Italian classic restaurant that is so famous for its colorful wall paintings and for the miniature Leaning Tower of Pisa at the entrance. 










This place is not officially a museum but for me I personally consider this as one. Since I saw this place, my views on Cubao have changed. Cubao is not just a place for entertainment but it has now become a place to “look back” to some things that we might now leaving behind.




2 comments:

  1. this place is wow! i love it ;)
    it's like i'm on a time machine. wanna visit there. thank you for this post...

    ReplyDelete