Cake Art Display at the Bakery Fair (Part 3)

Like visual arts, cake decorating is also considered a form of art and it falls under culinary arts. Through the years, its process advances with the help of new techniques, tools and baking equipment. For me, cakes are like 3-dimensional painting masterpieces because nowadays each piece is crafted beautifully and becoming more colorful and delightful to almost everyone.

At the Bakery Fair, I realized one thing that I have not realized before. When I saw some demonstrations here on how to decorate a cake, I was amazed how intricate and delicate the process was. It took them an hour or maybe more to finish decorating a big piece. I know it would never be so easy since you need to think of an idea before you make a move, choose the right combination of colors and maybe think of some details that you might want to include. And sometimes they were just made as product of the baker's creativity.

When it comes to the science of cake decoration, today's event would be beneficial to all baking enthusiast. For over hundreds of visitors per day, I was fortunate to be given a chance to see and witness the different designs of beautifully crafted cakes competing to be the best among the rest at the Bakery Fair Cake Art Display Competition. 

Here are the competitors:








And the Winner:




Still with Best friend Ep, we enjoyed "small" things here too. I can't imagine myself eating these little cakes. I maybe just want to bring them home and keep it on my fridge to preserve it. Ha-ha!






Angry Birds inspired cakes

On my entire experience here, this is the most amazing thing that I saw. Though I have not tasted any of the cakes at all, I have learned from just merely observing it. I started to appreciate this form of art that some people may just ignoring. I appreciate the time consuming process and how they come up with these designs. Everything was amazing!

Of course, I want to thank Bakery Fair Philippines 2013 for accepting my pre-registration as a blogger to attend this event for FREE! 

From What Michael Likes, THANK YOU, BAKERY FAIR!!
This simple joy and amazing experience you have given me is really worth remembering and worth sharing.





No comments:

Post a Comment