Johnny Rockets at Eastwood

A friend of mine, Tony, recommended this place for tonight's dine out. I don't have an idea anyway where to eat though the 'thinking task' is always assigned to me. So with Best friend Ep, Tony, Vince and Kristhine, we are now on our way to grant Tony's choice of place to eat--at the Johnny Rockets here at Eastwood.


I have already eaten at few of the most visited restaurant here at Eastwood but this one is different. This time, it's going to be classic. The feeling is all-American, like I am dining to some 1950 diner-inspired restaurant where you can still see and feel vintage items that were now being collected as memorabilia. 

To give you a brief summary of it's history, Johnny Rockets was established on June 6, 1986 by Ron Teitelbaum. The first restaurant opened on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California.The first restaurant along with its succeeding new branches maintain this cozy diner-styled ambiance to create an all-American theme. 

1950 diner-inspired Red Vinyl Seats
Vintage posters on the walls





One great example to see and a must-try is the jukebox. Just insert a 1 Peso coin, select your song and there you go, in just a moment your song will be played. Don't expect to hear one of Lady Gaga's soundtracks since the only type of music being played here is mostly from the early 1950's to 1970's. 




Big yummy burgers and bunches of french fries are the specialty of this restaurant too. Once in two weeks, I can feel myself craving for burgers. I guess this is the right time to satisfy my cravings!

Chicken Club Teaser P189

Philly Cheese Steak Teaser P199

"The Original" P219

Onion Rings

According to Tony, one of the highlights of this restaurant is also their dancing crews. But since its past midnight now, I guess we're not going to get the chance to see them do a show. However, I'm not losing my hope to see them dance since I know that some other time we will come back here again!

From the left: Vince, Best friend Ep, Tony (top right} and Kristhine

Thanks Mr. Johnny for this wonderful experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment