Guimaras: A Glance at the Land Down Under Iloilo

I don't really have an itinerary for today's activity. Sometimes, it's cool to just go out, get lost a little and have fun without bothering where to go specifically, where to eat and even where to hang-out. All I know, I am in Guimaras today. Just a quick FYI, Guimaras is the small island down under Iloilo. It consisted of 5 municipalities with a growing population of 162,943 since 2010.

The sun was already up when I arrived here this morning. From Iloilo, I woke up around 5 AM, packed my things, (even forgot to take a shower first!), took a jeepney to bring me down to Ortiz Wharf (Iloilo), and from there, I took the pump boat and took off at Jordan Wharf.

So here I am now trying to figure out what to do first. I know that I should go and visit the Tourism Office first but since it's too early yet (6:30 AM), I did not get the chance to inquire. Clueless, I just asked the tricycle drivers there to somehow get an idea where should I go first. 

I guess going here alone is not very practical since, of course, if you'll just be the only one to hire the tricycle, it's going to be more expensive. The driver offered me P800 for an island tour. For me, it's expensive so I really need to look for a group or a buddy maybe so I could tag along.

For about 20 minutes of waiting, I bumped into these there guys in the tricycle waiting area who are heading to Raymen today. I thought of the noodles initially so I was crazily and silently smiling when I first heard the word. But Raymen is a beach resort located at Alubihod, Poblacion, Nueva Valencia. If I go alone by tricycle, it would take me P200 one way but since I am tagging along, I'll just need to pay P50. It's a lot cheaper!

On the way to Raymen Beach Resort




The way to Raymen Resort is long and it took us about thirty minutes to travel by tricycle. I really enjoyed the cool wind, the beautiful barrio scenery, green grasses, rich forest and the tall mango trees along the way.



Arriving at Raymen's Beach Resort




It always feels good to just walk along the resort's sandy shoreline. It wasn't so hot yet and I feel so refreshed because the cool wind is still continuously blowing. This would really be a cool treat for my tired legs after walking almost endlessly along the beautiful famed streets of Iloilo yesterday.

Getting in at Raymen's is not so expensive. For a day trip or if you just want to lay down on the sand and feel that you don't need to get a cottage, you will only pay P25 entrance fee.






There are few things to do here, too. The resort also offers island hopping activity. I did not get the chance to avail it since there are no guest yet who registered for this. I didn't lose hope though, so I waited for another 30 minutes for someone to register but sadly, there's none. Bad for me =(

So instead of just waiting here to get that chance, I just had myself enjoy this short moment here at Raymen's. I sat down to relax at the shoreline, buried my both feet to the sand and get dirty, roamed around the area and enjoyed talking with the the fishermen and locals about their daily activities in the island.

You may also like: 


Guimaras: Getting Lost at the Eco-park
Guimaras: The Mango Capital of the Philippines
Just Another Backpacking Trip—Bound to Iloilo



No comments:

Post a Comment