Some of Iloilo's Heritage Houses

After my museum tour, I still continued walking. I felt that I am not done yet. I know that this beautiful city has more things to offer more than what I know of.

We'll my instinct didn't fail me because just walking down the side of the road, following same direction of the jeepneys to La Paz, I passed by at this beautiful old Spanish house which for me a real masterpiece.

Eusebio Villanueva Mansion






Ledesma Mansion or "Eagle House"

Its a Neo-Renaissance house just located along Ortiz Street near Plaza Libertad.








Though the house has a very interesting Neo-Renaissance design, the Art Deco main door is contradicting it.


There are more must-see heritage houses here in Iloilo. I wish I could stay here longer to look for these. I sometimes imagine myself living in one of these houses. For sure, its going to be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. wow, nice architectures, love those old antique buildings, i used to see a lot of them growing up.. unfortunately not a lot of people preserve them, instead they demolished the old houses to build one-storey cement houses :-( and the history of the old houses deminished forever.. kind of sad.. nice to see that there are still plenty in Iloilo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is!! I hope to see more of this I travel around the country. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete