Summer Fun in Dumaguete City


Aside from the very restful and fun atmosphere at Harold’s Mansion where I stayed for two nights, there are some things that I enjoyed doing in the city of gentle people: Dumaguete City.

If you are a type of person who enjoy amazing scenery, or you might just want to relax and see the beautiful sunset every afternoon, The Boulevard is a very promising place for you. There are a lot of people here doing the same thing together: enjoying the view, feasting on some seafood at the restaurants nearby, munching on street food, or just walking around.

Also known to be the Bike Town, here I come with my bike I borrowed from the guest friendly Harold’s Mansion.

The Boulevard Biking Experience

Watch my video here

The Boulevard in Dumaguete City



I just couldn't get enough so I think I need to see more places. Here are some beautiful landmarks that I did not forget to document:

The Dumaguete Belfry


Located along Perdices Street fronting Quezon Park, this belfry serves as the city's landmark through the years until the present day. This 17th century structure protects the people by giving them warning on ravaging pirates attacks.





The Silliman University


Few walks away from the famous belfry,  here stands the Silliman University. Founded on August 28, 1901, it is known to be as one of the oldest and biggest American institutions in the Philippines.






My Stay at Harold’s Mansion


Going back to Harold’s Mansion, known to be one of the cheapest hostels in the city, the fun continues as I bumped into these cool backpackers and travelers here.

From the left: Myself (Manila), Rachael (Australia), Zev (California), Francois (France) and Peter (Holland)


I really enjoyed this place especially the cool balcony on top of the building where everyone can relax, enjoy the smooth Dumaguete air and feast on great food from the mini-resto bar here. The staffs were very friendly and helpful too! My two nights stay here at Harold’s was indeed an unforgettable experience!

With Peter and Rachael along with the friendly staffs


Copying what General Douglas MacArthur said: I shall return...


2 comments: