Guimaras: Getting Lost at the Eco-park

I know. I should have not left Raymen's Beach Resort early. But thinking that I was just given a day to explore the beauty of Guimaras, it would be so hand-tight if I will just stay at the resort longer. I don't really know where to go next—will I ride a tricycle or just take the jeepney back to the market in Jordan? I just don't know.

It's getting hot now. I think I need to move. I was thinking of going back to Raymen's again and take a plunge to the beach but I exited immediately. That's a little regret for me. I should have not done that! However if I went swimming, I might be soaking wet all day because I don't have any extra shorts, sando or even a towel to keep me dry after.

"Bahala na (Come what may)!" that's the only idea that I could ever think of. I was kind of frustrated as I walk away from the resort. Still, I just don't know where to go. Maybe I just wanted to be lost for a moment.

From Raymen's, I kept on walking. I paused for few minutes to catch a breath.

Being dragged by own feet, I accidentally bumped into this sign:



Interesting. This was the first thing that came to my mind. I paused again and took time to see where could I go next. Hmmm. Sunset cave? Maybe to Marine Sanctuary. Just follow the sign!

So from the sign post, I walked straight to explore fartherwhere could this paved road may lead me. It's too early to rush myself, so I just thought of enjoying each and every second while slowly walking under the sun..

After few minutes, I could now see some mangroves. Still, I was quite puzzled where am I going.


For like ten more steps and I saw this arc welcoming me to come in.


It read: JBLFMU Ecological Park Marine Sanctuary and Mangrove Sanctuary. It's quite a long name for an eco-park and has a very long acronym too. With that long description, at least, I have an idea now what to expect inside.



I guess with this site map, I'll never get lost. Though I could not bring this one with me as I go along the way, it's pretty enough for me to know how wide this place would begiving me much clearer view of what to expect.

Positively, I thought that its all going to be fun here. So immediately, I logged in to their Information Front  Desk located just almost near the site map, paid P100 for the entrance fee and got ready for my journey.

The Butterfly Habitat


I initially thought of my love ones and friends who love butterflies and flowers when I entered this area. I will be guided by a narrow pathway until I finish my short tour here. It's a visual learning on how a butterfly grow from pupa to becoming a fully metamorphosized adult.


The narrow brick pathway





The Mangrove Sanctuary


After visiting this beautiful garden, I continued walking until I reached the bamboo bridge crossing over the Mangrove Sanctuary. I have seen mangroves before but I really appreciate the mangroves even better since I can see them closer at this time.


The bamboo bridge at the Mangrove Sanctuary
Why we need to take good care of our mangroves? It's our solution to global warming and abrupt weather changes.

After the mangroves, I started to walk to the Camp Site. I was excited to see this place because I was expecting that I might meet other people there. But before anything else, I didn't just cross this beautiful bridge without even taking a shot. =)



The Camp Site



I passed by at this magnificent kiddie castle as go up to the Camp Site.
The Camp Site's kubo houses are available for an overnight stay.


Unfortunately, I have not seen nor talked to anybody when I passed by at this place. I was quite puzzled: where could the guest of this resort have gone? Though a little tired now, I was still pushed to keep on walking.


The Coral Cave


I saw this sign board and I just followed it. It's a combination of feelings as I walked my way down here. I was exhausted and a little thirsty now. I don't know if seeing 'just another ordinary' cave will ease this  discomfort. But still, I continued walking...

On my way down to the Coral Cave
I guess the effort of getting down here was worthy! I never expected that this place would be so amazing like this. Now I understand why it was named Coral Cave. And now I know why there are not just even one guest staying at the Camp Site at this very moment. Everybody is having a good time here!




I had few regrets when I wasn't able to take a plunge at Raymen's Beach Resort and I guess, there wouldn't be more excuses. This would be the right time for me to enjoy the water!

Without thinking twice, I went down to the water to enjoy the moment. I don't care if I go back all wet to Iloilo since I did not bring any extra clothes at all. I guess, this would be a once in a lifetime experience that I should not miss.

I stayed here up to an hour that is why I got the chance to meet these new friends too:


"I love this place." that's the only thing that I can say when I was here. I guess the hundred peso entrance fee is worthy enough to experience all these at this eco-park. This place is really wide and full of exciting activities. I can imagine how fun it would be if I will stay here for a day or two with some friends. We can lit up a bonfire, chat and laugh all day and night, drink some beer, and have fun!


Villa Igang Resort


While treasuring each and every moment here, I am now on my way down to Villa Igang Resort.




This resort is simply a paradise. I hope I could relax and stay here longer. This could be a great way to escape all the buzz and noise in the busy city. 


Mariculture Research Pond


This would be my last destination here at the eco-park. There would be more places to visit but I guess this short journey would be enough for me since it looked like I almost visited all the beautiful spots here.

It's interesting to know that our favorite fish for breakfast, danggit (rabbitfish), is being bred, hatched, and raised here. 


In this pond, fishes of any kind are being raised and cultivated. 
This journey is epic! 

As I left this area after seeing all the highlights, a smile suddenly rose up on my face and I could not deny the  joy in my heart. Like what Dora the Explorer always say at the end of her bi-weekly episodes, my mind spoke the same thingI did it!


No comments:

Post a Comment