Ted's La Paz Batchoy at it's Best!

I am now feeling a sudden rush of hunger down my tummy as I walk along the streets of Iloilo City today. I just can't get enough of this place actually. I'm getting tired but I just don't care since I want to see more of it. I am already done navigating Calle Real and I really enjoyed seeing the 1920 buildings there. I was also astonished by the timeless beauty of the heritage houses around the city. Every moment here is so amazing!

Eleven AM and I am now figuring out my way down to La Paz, Iloilo. You might be wondering what am I going to do there.

I could not just forget what Miss Manuela have told me about eating the best La Paz Batchoy in town--it's the noodle soup dish and the all-time favorite of the Ilonggos (and everyone else). She advised me to go to the town of La Paz to spot some restaurants that serve this dish. Curious enough, I followed her directions:

From the Museo Iloilo, I rode a jeepney to take me down to La Paz. I alighted just in front of the La Paz Public Market. From where I am currently standing, I can now see "Ted's Lapaz Bachoy" welcoming me.



I also think of finding more restaurants just around the market but I guess going to Ted's is more comfortable. It's air conditioned so it could cool me down after my long exposure to the hot sunny weather. It's walls are also painted with bright colors which makes this establishment more attractive and smart-looking.



I walk just in front of the counter immediately to make an order and here's the menu:



It's kinda hard to decide! But I will stick to what I really want to try: The Extra Super La Paz Batchoy (P70) 



Caution: Hot

I don't really care. Ha-ha. All I know right now is I'm hungry and willing to leave everything behind to savor this La Paz Batchoy moment. It's really my first time to taste the real thing. I was fascinated by the instant noodle version of it before but this time, I am so happy to get the chance to taste this real authentic Ilonggo dish. The noodles is so soft but not soggy. I love the warm flavorful soup. I like the texture of the pork and liver bits. I never thought that this noodle soup would not just take all my hunger away but it could also be a comfort food to me and  maybe to some others who are also tired enjoying the city walk.


I want to thank "Ted" for this yummy experience!

P.S. Ted's Lapaz Batchoy is now in Manila! (Michael grinning)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Is that the original Ted's La Paz Batchoy store? I mean is that the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really sure. Haha. It just feel so 'original' on my part because it's my first time to eat what's the 'real' one and happy and proud to try it in Iloilo.

    ReplyDelete