Bacolod City: Just Arrived, Ate at Deco's, Walked the City

From Ongbun Pension House in Iloilo, I woke up 5'o clock in the morning...smiling. My feet are still soaring from my tireless walk in Guimaras from yesterday's adventure, but the motivation and eagerness to visit the City of Smiles today is very promising for me. I have not been to this place yet so a combination of curiosity and impending adventure is running through my nerves now.

From Iloilo wharf, I was able to catch Weesam Express (Roro) at 06:30 AM, and arrived in Bacolod wharf at 7:45 AM.

Like some passengers of Weesam Express, my level of excitement to go out from the Roro is high!
I felt so excited as I arrived here in Bacolod early today!

I haven't set my expectations yet, but I know enjoyment will always follow. I plan to visit the Ruins and to see the UNESCO Heritage Houses today. But before anything else, I gotta find a place to eat to fill the my empty stomach. I have not eaten breakfast yet and I guess, here's one good choice:

Deco's Original La Paz Batchoy



After going and eating to Ted's from the past day, I made a good choice to try some other specialties  in this restaurant. Though it's not gonna be the "La Paz Batchoy Part 2", I was already satisfied trying just one yummy meal here that is so good enough for breakfast.

Rice with Sweet and Sour Meatball Toppings
Established on 1938, this restaurant has been maintaining a very cozy and homey atmosphere through the years.












After eating the first meal of the day at Deco's, I am now set to go to the Ruins. But before all that, it wouldn't seem so right if I'll just pass by at these magnificent city highlights without even appreciating its cultural values and arts.

Statue at the City Plaza's Fountain
Above: Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol
Aside from being known to be the City of Smiles, Bacolod received an award before for becoming the cleanest and greenest highly urbanized city in the Philippines. We'll that is very true. I admire how this city maintains the orderliness and cleanliness around.

There are few more things I need to know about Bacolod and I know it's going to be fun as I discover them all along the way.

Time is running so fast and I guess, I need to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment